Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe won a huge amount of money and it was worth it. This is a incredible pie you simply must make! 8)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl, combine cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 egg; beat until smooth and set aside.
- Reserve hot fudge packet from brownie mix for topping.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, 1 tablespoon of water and 2 eggs; beat 50 strokes with spoon.
- Spread 1/2 cup brownie mixture in bottom of crust-lined pan.
- Spoon and carefully spread the cream cheese mix over brownie layer.
- Top with remaining brownie mix; spreading evenly; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until center is puffed and crust is golden brown.
- If needed, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 or 20 minutes of baking (to prevent excessive browning).
- Put hot fudge in small microwavable bowl, heat on HIGH 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining water and drizzle fudge over pie; let cool completely.
I could not find the brownie mix that the recipe called for so I substituted a regular brownie mix. I baked it for 40 minutes in a stoneware pie pan. It was puffed in the center, but when I served it I found out it had not set in the center or the bottom layer. It was still very good, if you don't mind brownie batter. Next time I might try a different pan or bake it the full 50 minutes. It might also be better if you use the directions on the brownie mix box instead of the ones in this recipe if you are using a mix different than the one it calls for.
This is a great way to elevate brownies from a snack to a decadent dessert. I made 2 batches (just cause the pie crust I bought had 2 deep dish shells). I just used a regular brownie mix, and poured hot fudge ice cream topping over the finished dessert. In one of the batches, I mixed peanut butter chips in with the brownie mix, and a little peanut butter in with the cream cheese. In the other batch, I put half a can of cherry pie filling over the cream cheese before adding the rest of the batter. I make lots of different kinds of brownies, both from scratch and from mixes, but I got more raves on these than any I can remember in a long time! Thanks Ocean-Ivy!!!