Recipe by Nodakian
Easy appetizer that makes a bunch! I always bake these in the oven but you could deep fat fry them if you like.
- 40 square wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Place 1 tsp of cheese mixture in wonton wrapper and follow package instructions on how to form wonton.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place wontons on cookie sheet and spray tops with more cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce mixing well.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Note: if you do not want chunks in the sauce you can process it in a blender before cooking.