Recipe by *Parsley*
Another one of my favorite cutout recipes. I find this dough to be very easy to work with....especially when cutting out small or intricate shapes. I like to make these cookies thicker than my other cutouts. They're great for decorating and icing, too! Prep time does NOT include time for dough to chill. Makes about 4-5 dozen; depending on size and thickness of your shapes.
Top Review by GlamCandy
while they look beautiful and small quite good too, i think the taste lacked. I don't think I did anything wrong but they are quite blah. thankfully I topped them with sugar otherwise they would have been really boring.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts; beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder- gradually mix into cream cheese mixture; beat until well-mixed.
- Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- When dough is done chilling, preheat oven to 375.
- Roll dough on to lightly floured surface to about 1/8"-1/4" thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. (If desired, sprinkle with colored sugars.) Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until edges just slightly golden. Allow to cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. If desired, decorate with icing or glaze.