Recipe by rusted_essence
I found this recipe and gave it a try. This was oh so tasty!!! We enjoyed it for a couple of days... The sauce tastes gfreat on a peice of bread at the end of the meal...
- 3 lbs whole chickens (cut up)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 5⁄8 ounce Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 head garlic (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with dry italian dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours (or 3 on high).
- About 45 minutes before cook time is over brown onion in the butter and then add cream cheese, soup and broth to the saucepan.
- Add minced garlic and stir ingredients until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken in crock pot and let cook covered for an extra 35-45 minutes.
- remove chicken to platter and stir sauce before putting in a gravy boat to serve --