Recipe by caffeine junkie
I found this recipe on-line and tried it out because chocolate chips were my only source of chocolate. After modifying it, these are always requested for parties, and every other day! It is much easier than it seems and is worth every effort!
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, divided
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, room temperature, divided
- 1 cup self-rising flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 8 ounces bar cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally grease a 13x9x2" pan.
- Prepare the cream cheese layer first. In a medium bowl, combine 3 T. melted butter, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and 1 egg. Blend in 1/3 cup self-rising flour and 1 t. vanilla. Mix in softened cream cheese until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs and 4 T. melted butter. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; mix well. Blend in 2/3 cup self-rising flour, cinnamon, and 1 t. vanilla.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 6 T. butter. Turn heat to lowest setting and stir in 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips until melted. Add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread brownie batter on bottom of prepared pan. Drop cream cheese batter by spoonfuls. Swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips. Bake for 35-40 minutes.