Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
These are soft and luscious cookies. Easy to make. Since the dough keeps well in the freezer or fridge they are wonderful for a last minute treat.
- Put butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitter with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to a piece of plastic wrap. cut in half and move half to another piece of plastic wrap, Shape each half into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Seal each and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes or up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Unwrap one log and cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds, thinner if possible. Press each round in the almonds.
- Space one inch apart on baking sheet lined with silpat. If you don't have silpat, use parchment paper.
- Bake cookies, rotating halfway through, until golden around edges, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Repeat with the remaining log.