Recipe by Iowahorse
This will really please your guests. Serve with a crusty loaf, such as french or italian for mopping.
Top Review by Chill
Very good. I made the recipe x 4 since I had tons of shrimp. I was a little nervous putting that much crushed red pepper, so I only put 5 tsp. in. The bite of the pepper was simmered down and it was very good. Crusty bread would have been very good with this recipe. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably spanish style
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup clam juice
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, shelled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet large enough to hold the shrimp and saute the onion and garlic until the onion is wilted.
- Stir in the flour and paprika.
- Add the tomato sauce, wine, clam juice, red pepper, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate skillet heat the remaining tablespoon of oil until it is very hot.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry quickly over high heat, about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with a crusty loaf, such as french or italian for mopping.