1/1 Photo of Crazy Chicken - Rice Noodle Stir-Fry
This is chef Ming Tsai's take on a traditional Thai dish. It's called crazy because of it's spiciness. You can always decrease the amount of sambal oelek if you don't like dishes too spicy (or increase it if you like it really spicy!). This recipe is perfect for a busy night. It's quick and simple to prepare. If you want to make this a one dish meal, I think you could probably stir-fry in some broccoli or peas, etc. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces transparent rice noodles (rice sticks)
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 shallots, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup scallion, green and white parts, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, cut into 1/3 inch ribbons (you can use regular basil)
- 1 lime, quartered, for garnish (optional)
- 4 sprigs Thai basil, for garnish (optional)
- 1Fill up a large bowl with warm water. Add the noodles and soak them until they are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2While the noodles are soaking, you can combine the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and sambal - in a small bowl. Stir until dissolved.
- 3Heat up a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- 4Add the shallots and stir-fry until brown - about 1 minute.
- 5Add the chicken and stir-fry, breaking up the meat, until cooked through - about 3 minutes or so.
- 6Add the noodles and sauce mixture and heat through, stirring.
- 7Add the scallions and basil ribbons and give them a toss.
- 8Garnish (opt.) with the lime wedges and basil sprigs and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crazy Chicken - Rice Noodle Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.8
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 881.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: