Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A friend from Thibodaux, Louisiana gave me this delicious recipe.
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 lbs crawfish
- 1⁄2 can jalapeno relish
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Sauté first four ingredients in butter.
- Add flour, parsley and crawfish and cook 15 minutes.
- Add relish, Velveeta and half& half, Add cooked fettuccini, mix and pour into casserole.
- Top with Parmesan and bake 20 minutes@ 350 degrees F.
Excellent! Use a large pot or dutch oven - a skillet wasn't big enough. I used fat-free half-n-half, and as I couldn't find jalapeno relish, used 1/2 can jalapeno salsa. Flavorful, but I will probably add a little cayenne next time - also really liked the texture that the Velveeta gave it. Add a salad and some hot French bread, and you're in business!