Recipe by mightyro_cooking4u
As I stated in my introduction, I like all kinds of seafood. Shrimp being on the "expensive" side, I decided to use crawfish tails. I call them the "poor man's" shrimp. Add a salad and roll for a meal. This recipe is included in Sylvia Woods' cookbook, Sylvia's Family Soul Food Cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup yellow pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion, greens and whites
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb cooked crawfish tails, deveined cooked shrimp or 1 lb peeled deveined cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until the onion is transparent, for about 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and scallion and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes longer.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Miracle Whip, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and black peppers. Stir in the crawfish tails, cooked onion and bell pepper mixture. Stir in the bread crumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 5 minutes longer or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.