Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cranberries, halved
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 3 teaspoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 dash mace
- Select loaf size recommended by the manufacturer of your machine.
- Measure all ingredients except Cream Cheese Spread into bread machine pan in the order that the machine manufacturer suggests.
- Select the lightest crust setting.
- Process on basic bake cycle.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Serve with Cream Cheese Spread.
- Cream Cheese Spread: Beat cream cheese, softened, sugar, grated orange peel and dash of ground mace with electric mixer on low speed or with spoon.
- Refrigerate any remaining spread.
A different whole wheat bread. The tart cranberries punctuate this loaf, which I enjoyed with ham and turkey sandwiches. I eyeballed the honey and used a little nutmeg (perhaps 1/4 tsp) instead of mace.