Recipe by rpsj2
From the book "Cranberry Autumn", by Wende & Harry Devlin, published in 1993
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This was yet another batch of cookies/bars that I added to a recent cookie buffet held for residents of my mobile home park! One change I made was to add about 1/4 cup of dried cranberries to the whole berry cranberry sauce, just to jack up the cranberry flavor! Very, very nice! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef event]
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, & walnuts.
- Cut butter into small pieces & combine with dry ingredients.
- Pour half of the mixture into a buttered 8" by 8" baking pan, then spread cranberry sauce over it.
- Top cranberry sauce with the rest of the flour mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes & serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.