1/3 Photos of Cranberry, Sausage, and Apple Stuffing
This is a wonderful recipe that I got out of Woman's World a couple of years ago and have been making ever since. Even those that have turned their nose up at first loved it! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces seasoned stuffing mix, cubed kind
- 6 tablespoons butter (seperated)
- 1 lb sage sausage
- 4 cups apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1Preheat oven to 425 and butter a 3 qt baking dish.
- 2Place stuffing in large bowl; reserve.
- 3In large nonstick skillet, melt 2 T. butter over medium high heat. Crumble in sausage; cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Stir sausage with drippings into stuffing.
- 4In same skillet, melt 2 T. butter over medium heat. Add apples, onion, celery, and salt; cook stirring occasionally, until softened. Add broth and parsley; bring to a boil. Pour over stuffing; stir until moistened.
- 5Stir in cranberries and eggs.
- 6Spoon into baking dish; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- 7Melt remaining butter, uncover stuffing; drizzle with butter. Bake until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Northeastern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry, Sausage, and Apple Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 860.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: