Recipe by SweetsLady
This is a wonderful recipe that I got out of Woman's World a couple of years ago and have been making ever since. Even those that have turned their nose up at first loved it! :)
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
This is a wonderful stuffing full of flavors we love - I halved the recipe and left out the sausage only because I forgot to add it to my shopping list - and if it doesn't get put on my list you can bet I'll forget it! I have made similar stuffing before with the sausage and know it would have only made it better! I served it with Recipe#20600 and haven't cooked for a week, so this home-cooked meal was definitely welcomed and enjoyed by my hungry bunch! Made and reviewed for Bev. Tag - March 2008.
- 16 ounces seasoned stuffing mix, cubed kind
- 6 tablespoons butter (seperated)
- 1 lb sage sausage
- 4 cups apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 and butter a 3 qt baking dish.
- Place stuffing in large bowl; reserve.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt 2 T. butter over medium high heat. Crumble in sausage; cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Stir sausage with drippings into stuffing.
- In same skillet, melt 2 T. butter over medium heat. Add apples, onion, celery, and salt; cook stirring occasionally, until softened. Add broth and parsley; bring to a boil. Pour over stuffing; stir until moistened.
- Stir in cranberries and eggs.
- Spoon into baking dish; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter, uncover stuffing; drizzle with butter. Bake until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!