Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use either Grand Marnier or Cointreu in this recipe. The additions of liqueur and orange zest make this cranberry sauce a holiday favorite at our house.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; add cranberries, return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add orange zest and Cointreau (or Grand Marnier) and stir.
- Let cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until cold, or serve at room temperature.
This is the recipe I used last year for the holidays and it was a great hit. The orange liqueur adds a subtle hint to the relish.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Loved this easy recipe that is packed with tons of great orange and cranberry flavor! The Grand Marnier is a beautiful accent-- I did add a wee bit more 'cuz we love it! Also added a few dashes of cinnamon. Thanks Desert Rose, for sharing this winner! Made for the Thanksgiving Sides event in the Photos Forum.