Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One bowl, no eggs, no oil, easy to do, and so good!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk or 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Mix all cake ingredients well.
- Place in sprayed tube pan, I put waxed paper in the bottom before I spray it.
- Bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, turn over onto plate.
- Cool completely.
- Mix icing ingredients well and drizzle over cooled cake.
I think generally mayonnaise has eggs in it so it can't be egg free sorry but otherwise it was ok.
Gosh I'm sorry Inez, but of all your wonderful recipes, this one just did not do it for me. I believe I followed it as posted but it just had an "off" taste to me. Hope others find it ok??!!