Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My own take on cranberry sauce. Easy to make and delicious.
Make and share this Cranberry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 (12 ounce) bags cranberries, picked through
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate liqueur (such as Pama)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- Bring water, sugar, orange zest, and salt to boil in medium nonreactive saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Stir in cranberries and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in pomegranate molasses.
- Simmer until saucy, slightly thickened, and about two-thirds of berries have popped open, about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in liqueurs and cloves. Add cinnamon stick and cover it with the sauce. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to nonreactive bowl, cool to room temperature, and serve. Sauce can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated up to 7 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.