My own take on cranberry sauce. Easy to make and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 (12 ounce) bags cranberries, picked through
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate liqueur (such as Pama)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1Bring water, sugar, orange zest, and salt to boil in medium nonreactive saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- 2Stir in cranberries and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in pomegranate molasses.
- 3Simmer until saucy, slightly thickened, and about two-thirds of berries have popped open, about 5 minutes.
- 4Take off the heat and stir in liqueurs and cloves. Add cinnamon stick and cover it with the sauce. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- 5Transfer to nonreactive bowl, cool to room temperature, and serve. Sauce can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated up to 7 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 264.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 84.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: