Sydney Mike's Note:
Found in The Thanksgiving Cookbook, 1991, this recipe has been slightly tweaked, & one thing I really like about it is the combo of cranberries as well as both dark & golden raisins!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups dark raisins
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (actually 3/4 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed, picked over (4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1Combine sugar, vinegar & OJ concentrate in a large nonreactive saucepan, & cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Stir in the raisins, onions & garlic & bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low & simmer for 5 minutes, stirring most of the time.
- 3Stir in the cranberries, ginger, salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper, then raise the heat to high & bring to a boil.
- 4Return heat to medium-low & simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, then remove from the heat & let cool slightly. Stir in the orange zest.
- 5Pour the relish into a container that has a tight lid, cover & let it cool to room temperature, before covering it & refrigerating it until serving time.
- 6Serve chilled or at room temperature. Leftovers will keep well in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Raisin Relish
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g