- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 fresh pear, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 4 ingredients to a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer 20-25 minutes or unitl liquid is absorbed.
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, and 3 tablespoons water; bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until cranberry skins pop; drain.
- Combine rice, cranberries, and pear; mix well.
- Serve immediately.