This is a great fall recipe and you can use either fresh or frozen cranberries. Fresh cranberries can be frozen for up to one year in an airtight freezer bag.
- Beat milk, melted butter, and egg together in a bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder, 2 tbls sugar, and salt together in a separate bowl and add them to the wet ingredients mixing just enough to wet the flour.
- Cut cranberries in half, place in microwave safe bowl and sprinkle in the 1 tsp of sugar. Microwave on high and stir every 15 seconds till cranberries start to bubble. Let cool and add to pancake mixture.
- Preheat griddle with a pat of butter on each side till water droplets dance on the surface.
- Put 1/4 cup of cranberry batter on griddle and cook till surface bubbles and edges get crusty. Flip and cook on other side.