Recipe by hoopshirl
I love the fresh taste of this relish. I got the recipe many years ago (40 yrs) from my mother-in-law. It is great for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
Top Review by Bev. E.
Thanks for giving me a new cranberry relish. It is 5+ stars, so easy to prepare. The bits of orange peel with the crunch of apple bits, and cranberry. My family loved it. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (6 ounce) box cranberry Jell-O gelatin (or 1 each of Cranberry and Raspberry Jellos) or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes cranberry Jell-O gelatin (or 1 each of Cranberry and Raspberry Jellos)
- 1 lb raw cranberries, ground
- 3 oranges, ground (1-1/2 with peel, 1-1/2 without peel)
- 2 apples, peeled (ground or finely chopped)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup very hot water (for Jello)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain juice from the ground fruits; reserve 3 cups of juice for the Jello.
- Add the 1 cup of hot water to the Jello and stir until thoroughly dissolved, then add the reserved 3 cups of juice.
- Mix well.
- Mix all the fruits, sugar, Jello and walnuts together.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set.
- This relish will keep for at least a week in the refrigerator.
- This will serve about 10 people.