1/5 Photos of Cranberry Orange Quick Bread (Five Roses Flour - 1967)
1 hr 30 mins
A Christmas tradition around our house, it goes quickly and I end up making it several times over the season, especially good toasted regular or under the broiler with a little cheddar sprinkled over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter (shortening)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries, leave a few whole
- 1/2 cup chopped glace green cherries (optional)
- 1Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 3Combine orange juice and grated rind with well beaten eggs.
- 4Pour all at once into dry ingredients, mixing just enough to dampen.
- 5Dust chopped cranberries and cherries with a tablespoon of flour, carefully fold into batter Spoon into a well buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 6Sprinkle a few floured whole cranberries over top of batter.
- 7Bake in a moderate oven,350 degrees about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 8Cool in casserole 10 minutes, then remove.
- 9Store overnight for easy slicing.
- 10Frost with confectioner's frosting, (sift 2 cups icing sugar, very slowly add boiling water, a tablespoon at a time, until right spreading consistency, spread on slightly cooled bread).
- 11Also delicious sliced with butter or toasted under broiler, spread with butter and sprinkled with cheddar.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Quick Bread (Five Roses Flour - 1967)
Serving Size: 1 (866 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 207.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g