Recipe by xtine
An excellent home made sauce to serve with your turkey or ham. You'll never eat that creepy "i can still see the can lines" stuff again!
Top Review by Outta Here
WOW! What a nice bit of zip in this! Just the right blend of flavors. I could not find pineapple preserves (looked in 3 stores) so subbed apricot preserves. I will find the pineapple before Thanksgiving so I can make this again! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple preserves
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the first 3 ingredients to a boil, stirring often, in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cranberries.
- Return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the cranberry skins begin to pop and mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pineapple preserves, horseradish and mustard; remove pan from heat and let sauce cool.
- Cover and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- NOTE: Sauce may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.