Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For this recipe you can really use as many jalapeños as you like, or substitute a half of a habanero pepper, seeded and finely chopped or use one serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped. This recipe makes about 2 cups but can easily be doubled. This is great with turkey cutlets, chicken or pork. This will intensify in taste the longer refrigerated.
Top Review by fluffernutter
I made this for a cooking demonstration at a book festival as an alternative to traditional cranberry sauce. It is so much better with turkey than the canned stuff or the Jell-0-based stuff. We can hardly wait to try it with ham. Needs to sit for a day for the cranberries to soften. You know, you might even serve it as an alternative to salsa with chips.
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 4 -5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 -4 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 -3 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cranberries in a food processor; pulse 3-4 times until chopped; transfer to a bowl.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients except the salt; mix well to combine.
- Season with salt to taste and more sugar if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours before using.