Pickled Jalapeno Salsa
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, cleaned and quartered
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno chili, reserve juice
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- I cut the tomatoes in half and gently squeeze to remove some of the seeds.
- In a food processer, add onion, and jalapeno w/juice.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add all spices.
- Process and refrigerate several hours.
- This is the time where I taste and add what I think it might need.
- But remember, flavors blend while in the frig.
- so be careful.
- You can also can this if you have many tomatoes in your garden as I did.
- Process, then cook on stove 30-45 min and process in a water bath for 10 minute Follow directions for cleaning jars and lids.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello everyone, My name is Paula, I'm 40 years old, married 18 yrs. and have 3 children, 1 bird and Rocky the ferret. I love them all. I also love to cook and look and new and different recipes. I am in college full time working on my bachelors degree in Nursing Science. Hope you enjoy my recipes and I would love to hear what you think about them or just to share a recipe with me. Bye for now, your fellow food lover.