Popcat's Cabbage Salsa
I love Cabbage Salsa, but I like the cabbage shredded not chopped. Texture and visual appeal are important! I also like it fresh, so this is a rather small recipe. This is a Popcat original - taking what I like from here and there and putting it together.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Shred the Cabbage and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with the Salt and mix well.
- Chop the Onion add it to the bowl and toss.
- Slice the Green Onion, thinly on the diagonal, both green and white add it to the bowl and toss.
- Mince the Garlic and mix it in well.
- Seed the Jalapeno Pepper, mince it add it to the bowl and toss (Wash your hands before you rub pepper goop in your eyes!).
- Chop the Cilantro add it to the bowl and toss.
- Seed and dice the Roma Tomato add it to the bowl and toss.
- In a separate bowl pour in the juice of the Lime and the Lemon.
- Add the Orange Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, Hot Sauce (I like Cholula) and Sugar and mix well.
- Pour the juices over the Cabbage mixture and grind some Black Pepper over the top. Mix well and let it sit for at least a couple of hours so the flavors can blend.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips before a meal or as a Side Dish.