1/1 Photo of Cranberry Fruitcake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Cranberries & raisins -- How can I go wrong with this recipe, one that I snagged from my favorite cranberry cookbook, The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat, which was sent to me by my partner in the current Cookbook Swap!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, & grease a 9-inch tube baking pan with removable bottom.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder & 1 teaspoon salt, & set aside.
- 3In a larger covered container, shake together 2 cups walnuts, 1 1/2 cups raisins, 1 cup cranberries & 1 tablespoon flour to coat, then set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar & butter on low speed until blended, then beat on high speed 2 minutes.
- 5On low speed, beat in eggs, brandy vanilla & the flour & baking powder & salt mixture, until well blended.
- 6Stir in walnut/raisin/cranberry micture, then spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 7Top with 3/4 cup walnut halves, & bake about 75 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven & cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- 9Run a small metal spatula around cake to loosen from side of pan, then invert cake onto wire rack.
- 10Cool completely, then melt apple jelly & brush over cake. Refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 145.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g