Dried Cranberry Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F,& coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix flour & baking powder, then stir in corn oil, mixing until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in milk to form a soft dough, then stir in cranberries.
- With floured hands, form dough into a ball, then press dough onto prepared baking sheet before evenly pressing it into a 6"x6" square.
- Cut dough into 12 biscuits, BUT DO NOT SEPARATE THEM.
- Mix sugar with cinnamon & sprinkle over the cut dough.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Great served with a flavored butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow, these biscuits were very very yummy! I especially liked that they aren't overly sweet and have this delicious hint of cinnamon. But unfortunately I had quite a hard time making them because after adding the oil my dough was already quite wet and even though I reduced the amount of milk I ended up with "soup". So I had to add another cup or so of flour to make it resemble a dough again. I don't know what went wrong but next time I'll start with less oil. Made for Veg'n Swap #7 February 09.