These muffins are simple to fix in a pinch since they use a packaged quick bread mix. They bake up nice and moist and are perfect for any breakfast or brunch setting.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth; set aside.
- Place the bread mix in another bowl.
- Combine the milk, oil, orange juice and egg; stir into bread mix just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter.
- Place 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture in the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- In small bowl mix remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over top of batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18=20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.