Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
These muffins are simple to fix in a pinch since they use a packaged quick bread mix. They bake up nice and moist and are perfect for any breakfast or brunch setting.
Top Review by Debbwl
Supper yummy! These are so good and what a yummy surprise the cream cheese center is. Made these for a friend and she said everyone want to know were she had bought them. This is a great recipe for get-togethers. Thanks so much for the post.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (15 5/8 ounce) package cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth; set aside.
- Place the bread mix in another bowl.
- Combine the milk, oil, orange juice and egg; stir into bread mix just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter.
- Place 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture in the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- In small bowl mix remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over top of batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18=20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.