Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is absolutey wonderful on a turkey sandwich and of coarse with a turkey dinner, and also great with pork, and it is so easy to make, much better than the canned stuff! The amount of sugar listed for this recipe will make a tart chutney, if you prefer a sweeter taste then add in more sugar. Plan ahead the chutney must stay in the refrigerater overnight before using, and also will keep in the fridge for about 1 week. Just a warning, the cranberries will pop when cooking!
- 4 large shallots, coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries (can use frozen)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (more if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (no more than 1 teaspoon!)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pinch clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (can use cranberry juice in place of orange juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the shallots in oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; saute until softened (about 3 minutes, cook only the shallots, not the garlic) stirring ocasionally.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and stir until the berries pop (about 10-12 minutes).
- Cool and store covered in the refrigerator.