Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was created at Thanksgiving at the request for my husband. Since he loved it, I wanted to share with the group.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 0.5 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
- Mix the water and sugar in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cherries, Grand Marnier, and orange zest.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour into dish.
- Cool until it can safely be put in the refrigerator. This will thicken upon standing.
- Stir before serving.