Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
A quick cheater breakfast or snack muffin.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 5/8 ounce) package cranberry quick bread mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Beat cream cheese and 2 tbsp sugarin small bowl until well blended. Combine milk, oil and egg in large bowl; beat with fork until blended. Stir in quick bread mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 1/4 full with batter. Drop 1 tsp cream cheese mixture into center of each cup. Spoon remaining batter over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle batter with remaining 2 tbsp sugar.
- Bake 17-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffins cups to cool on wire rack.
So easy! The Cranberry quickbread is a little harder to find than it used to be. But I made pumpkin muffins with this recipe this fall and it was Amazing! The cranberry is delicious as well.