Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Are you in love with the ol' fashioned grilled cheese sandwich? AND cranberries? Well, how about the two in combo! Found in The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat cookbook!
- In small bowl, mix cranberry sauce & horseradish, then divide sauce mixture equally among 4 slices of bread.
- Place 2 slices turkey & 2 slices cheese on top of cranberry mixture.
- Top each with another slice of bread, & brush top & bottom of each sandwich with melted butter.
- Heat skillet or griddle on medium high heat.
- Place 2 sandwiches in skillet & cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches & enjoy!
This was a yummy sandwich! I really enjoyed the little bite from the horseradish. Thanks Syd for a great new sandwich. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.
I tagged this as a recipe nap without realising t had MEAT in it! But in the spirit of true vegetarianism, I left the meat out, and did NOT miss it at all. I used my own home-made Our Daily Bread in a Crock - Weekly Make and Bake Rustic Bread for this as well as Calendar Girls Curvaceous Cranberry and Kumquat Sauce With Port, as I had some left from New Year's Day.....the kumquats were a nice extra flavour I thought, fruity! This was a fabulous sandwich and is a keeper for me. I will try it with turkey next time! Oh yes, I used mature Farmhouse Cheddar as the cheese. Made for the veggie swap #18. Merci encore Syd. FT:-)
a yummy change of pace. Had no horseradish but i can only imagine it would be better with it. Loved it!