Recipe by Ceezie
You can substitute blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries in place of cranberries if you prefer. This came from American Profile - Home for the Holidays - Phyllis Willink.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Great cake but better with cranberries than any other fruit - at least to our tastes. It is the sauce that makes this such a yummy dessert. Unfortunately it is also high in calories and fat, but worth a taste!!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13-by-9-inch glass baking pan.
- To make the cake, sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs. Add milk alternately with the dry ingredients, starting and ending with dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir in cranberries. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium low and
- cook 10 minutes or until sugar is melted, stirring frequently. Pour hot over cake.