Recipe by Charlotte J
This quick bread has a taste of orange flavor. Use my Orange Butter #2, recipe number 25011 to give it even more of an orange taste.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh halved cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl blend sugar, orange peel, water, orange juice, oil and egg; mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir just until moistened.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- When cool wrap and store in refrigerator.