Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I had this at a party and it was fabulous! I couldn't stop eating it so I got the recipe and thought I would share. The addition of cranberries makes for a different and pleasantly surprising tasting cheeseball. I think it will make a nice festive addition to your Christmas buffet or party! Cook time equals chill time.
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) bag dried sweetened cranberries
- Place cheddar cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Pulse until cheese is coarsely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface.
- Scoop the cheese mixture out onto the plastic wrap, gather up the corners of the plastic wrap and form into a ball.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Let sit out at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
I make this every year for my Christmas Eve open house, and it's always a hit. Makes one very large cheeseball, so you may want to divide recipe, or make 2 smaller cheeseballs. You can make ahead and freeze, or freeze leftovers.
We had this for Christmas last year, and it was AMAZING! I couldn't stop nibbling on it! It is going onto our Thanksgiving menu this year as well!