Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lovely tart dessert using Canadian ingredients. Nice after a heavy meal.
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce (you can make your own)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 9-inch double-crust pie shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a mixing bowl blend brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, & salt.
- Stir in cranberry sauce, orange juice , & orange zest until well combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Line a 9" pie plate with half of the pie crust.
- Spoon in filling.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with top crust.
- Trim & seal edges.
- Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425F for 40 minutes or until crust is golden.
Wonderful! Excellent pie, made this for a change for Thanksgiving dessert and everyone loved it. Thank you for posting it.