Blue Ribbon Wild Blueberry Pie
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 cups wild blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 double crust pie crust
- Mix first three ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make sure the berries are covered with the dry goods.
- Pour berry mixture into first pie shell, then cover with other crust.
- Using a knife, cut a design into the top of the pie, leaving a small hole in the center.
- Brush with egg yolks, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in 350* oven for 45 - 60 minutes. Yeay!
- Your pie is done- let it cool, then dig in!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have baked this pie to years in a row it is vert yummy. I added an extra cup of blueberries to make it really full. The only thing both times I have made it it is very soupy,last year I used flour this year I used cornstach, next time I am going to use minute tapioca. No matter what is was delicious. I also sprinkled a little sugar on the top of the crust. I will definetely make again.
Not rating just now...just a comment about using Saskatoon berries...you are best to simmer the berries until just tender, drain and cool and then proceed with the recipe. I used to dislike Saskatoon berry pies that my mother made because the berries were always a little hard and underdone in texture, but when I made my own pie I decided to simmer the berries until tender and...SUCCESS!
I made this recipe using the fresh blueberries from my garden and let me tell you "YUMMO!!". I adjusted the sugar up a little bit cause I knew that my berries weren't very sweet and it came out great. Makes me want to learn how to make crust from scratch. I think this recipe would work very well for other berries and fruit. Thanks Biscoti!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I totally love recipezaar!