Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
another one on my to try list...sounds terrific to me...I am thinking of trying this with fresh strawberries...
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 12 Ritz crackers, minced
- Beat egg whites till stiff --
- Add sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually mix in other ingredients.
- Pour into a greased pie pan and cook at 350* for 20 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Wonderful hot or cold.
- Whipped topping or ice cream topping can be used.but it is extremely good plain.