Recipe by m f
I have been looking for this recipe for years. My grandmother made them and I didn't get the recipe before she past away. I was looking in one of her cookbooks, and there it was!!! They taste like the ones she made.
Top Review by EmR
Yum... this is a terrific recipe. Like MF, my grandmother used to make it and I was able to get the recipe from an aunt after my grandmother's death. However, my grandmother used to add one cinnamon stick and 1 tbsp of whole cloves while mixture boiled... perfect for those cool autumn mornings!
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and remove blossom end.
- Leave stems on.
- Do not peel!
- Make syrup with sugar and water.
- bring to boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add apples to syrup.
- boil until apples are tender and transparent.
- Fill hot jars with fruit and syrup to 1/2 inch of top.
- put on canning lids.
- Process in hot water bath for 15 minutes.