Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious stuffed mushrooms that are easy to make!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained (170g each)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In small bowl, combine crabmeat, breadcrumbs, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, milk, parsley, egg, salt and pepper. Stir to blend well. Set aside.
- Wipe tops of mushrooms with soft damp cloth or paper towel.
- Mound ¼ of mixture onto inside of each mushroom cap.
- Place mushroom caps into large frypan. Pour wine into frypan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 12 - 15 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer mushrooms to baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375F 15 - 18 minutes or until Parmesan cheese is lightly browned.
- Cut into quarters. Serve immediately.
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2008. Mmmmmm! This was delicious! I made the recipe as written, except the list of ingredients listed 1 cup of chicken broth but the instructions mentioned wine to cook with. I opted to go for the flavour and used the wine. We had this as an appetizer for my birthday dinner and it served 3 of us (DS doesn't like crab or mushrooms) and DH, DD and I were fighting over the last one. Thank you for posting this yummy recipe. This will probably become my new go-to appetizer when we have company.