Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Do not make this soup alot. But it is a wonderful soup. Hope you enjoy it.The prep time included the flaking of the crab.
- 2 cups crabmeat, flaked and picked or 2 cups small shrimp, cooked,peeled and deveined
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices lemons, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine crackers
- Combine all ingredients except sherry and crushed crackers in Crock-Pot; stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 3 to 5 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in sherry and crumbs to thicken.
- Makes about 2 quarts.