Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice appetizer or snack.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (6 ounce) canflaked crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 package bread du jour French bread
- Melt butter and cheese over low heat; add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt.
- Mix well.
- Process in blender until smooth.
- In bowl, fold in crabmeat and chives.
- Slice bread into half inch slices and spread on crabmeat mixture.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
LOVED it! The amount of butter scared me a bit, so I cut it in half. Used fresh garlic & instead of cheddar (which we were out) used brie & topped it w/feta & asiago! yum! The feta was a bit strong & won't use as much next time.
Made this for DH, he loved it. I added fresh garlic and some diced celery, and used a soft rye bread. I didn't have any shredded cheese to mix in, so I topped with cheddar slices.
We really liked these. DS even ate a few cold. The flavors blend together nicely. After baking, I broiled the tops for just a minute or so to brown a little. The preparation was a bit unusual, but the clean up wasn't bad at all. Made for ZWT 3. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom