Prep 25 mins
Cook 47 mins
For a Thanksgiving South Louisiana-style.
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 1 (12 ounce) containerfresh oysters, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Add rice mix with seasoning packet, water, and 1 tablespoon butter to a saucepan; bring to a boil; lower heat, cover and let simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat.
- Add in the onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms; cook and saute for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the crabmeat and oysters; stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add in the rice, soup, and remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until heated. Serve hot.