Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband loves this dish and can prepare this one himself! Got it out of an ad for Louis Kemp Seafood products. We have used imitation lobster and crab. I bet it would be awesome with shrimp.
- 1 package imitation crabmeat
- 6 -8 ounces linguine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package direction.
- On low to medium heat, saute garlic and oregano in butter for 1 minute, stir frequently.
- Add tomatoes and stir 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, until cheese is melted.
- Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta.
Very good! An easy and fast stove top dinner. I used 1 lb of imitation crab meat, shredded parmesan rather than romano; 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained; rather than a fresh tomato and served it over Vermicelli pasta accompanied with a tossed salad and warm bread. Next time I would butter my noodles; the sauce is thick and chunky, but absolutley delicious! I also tried the sauce before the cheese was added; so if you don't care for the cheeses it calls for, the sauce is still wonderful. A keeper!
I've never before given a recipe only 1 star, and I really hated to rate this one so low. However, none of the 6 of us could eat more than one or two bites of this recipe and I had to throw all of it out. I can only conclude that it was the imitation crab that made the dish taste so bad...we all love the other ingredients used. I would make the recipe again to see if it was any better the next time, but my family has threatened me with bodily harm if I ever serve this again.
Wonderful !! I have made this numerous times. I add 2 cans of crab meat and I use Monterey Jack cheese. I use parmesan cheese sprinkled on top before serving. It is very rich and goes a long way. I would recommend spooning the sauce over the linguine instead of mixing in. With the left overs mix the sauce into the pasta. A great recipe !!!!