Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really different recipe, but a very good one. A combo of seafood and fruit,who'd have thought the two would pair so well.Cook and prep are estimates. The list of ingredients look long but some are repetitions and most are common ingredients you probably have on hand.
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries (stemmed and diced)
- 4 ounces red onions, diced 1/4 inch
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup passion fruit juice concentrate
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 ounces green bell peppers, diced 1/4 inch
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 1⁄2 ounces shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces cracker meal
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 5 lbs crabmeat, picked and drained
- salt and pepper
- flour, as needed
- vegetable oil, for frying as needed
- To make Strawberry Salsa,
- In bowl mix all ingredients except salt and pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour for flavors to vary.
- To make Crab Cakes
- In bowl mix all ingredients except crumbs, meal, eggs, crabmeat, salt, pepper, flour and oil.
- Mix in crumbs, meal, eggs, flour and crabmeat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into forty-eight 2 1/2-ounce patties; cover and refrigerate.
- For each serving, to order: Dredge two patties in flour and in small skillet over medium heat, fry in 1/8 inch hot vegetable oil until cooked through and browned, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place hot crab cakes on a plate and accompany with 1/4 cup Strawberry Salsa in ramekin.