Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't remember where I got this; an addition to a magazine. It is very good. Not a traditional Crab Cake maybe but very tasty and very EASY. The Zaar format didn't recognize just an envelope of salad dressing mix but I am referring to one of the small envelopes about 1/4 ounce
- 1 medium lime
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- 25 finely crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Grate the peel from the lime and squeeze the juice.
- Mix 1/2 of the lime juice you squeezed, 1/2 cup of the mayo, the salad dressing mix and the mustard in a medium bowl until well blended; add the crabmeat, 1/2 cup of the cracker crumbs and the onion; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into 16 patties; coat with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Cook patties, in batches of three or four, in a large nonstick skillet (spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray also), about two minutes on each side or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup Mayo, remaining lime juice and peel, the sour cream and salt to taste until well blended; serve with the crab cakes.
I am so happy you have posted this recipe! Mine which I don't have any more, used Italian seasoning spice. The ritz crackers make the difference! I bake in the oven 375* for 15 minutes and flip over and bake 10 minutes or a little longer! Don't overbake.I don't have the mess and it is easier. I serve two kinds of dressing with them.