Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
You can double the amount if desired, 1-1/4 pounds of crabmeat should give you about 5-6 patties. You can omit the Old Bay seasoning and use seasoned salt instead, adjust all seasonings to taste. Please don't omit the tartar sauce (my Kittencal's Easy Tartar Sauce for tartar sauce works well) Plan ahead the patties need to chill for a about 2 hours before frying.
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, mustad
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flaked fresh crabmeat
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 large buns
- tartar sauce
- prepared Coleslaw
- In a bowl comine the first 7 ingredients.
- Fold in the crabmeat; mix gently to combine then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the mixture into 5 or 6 patties, then coat on both sides with dry breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet or a flat plate; cover with plastic wrap and chill for a about 2 hours.
- In a skillet heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook the crab patties on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve between buns with tartar sauce and prepared coleslaw.
These were pretty good. I had a hard time getting them to stick together, I probably should've used two eggs because mine seemed a bit small. Two of my kids thought they were the greatest thing ever (probably because we called the Krabby Patties!). I used Tartar Sauce That Makes You Scream... Oh Yes! and served with Balsamic Tomato Couscous.