Alan Nowell and Paula Deen Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes Sandwiches
- Ready In:
6 crab cakes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (recommended ( Sriracha)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 juice and lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (for dusting)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil (for sauteing)
- Whisk together the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients through black pepper and mix well.
- Gently fold in crab meat.
- Divide into 6 patties and coat with flour.
- Saute in the peanut oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Serve on a bun with remoulade sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have to disagree with the previous reviewer. This most certainly IS the recipe Paula Deen did on her show with Alan Nowell- I saw it and wrote it down as they made it. It is an awesome crab cake recipe and I've made it many, many times and everyone always loves them and asks for the recipe. Crab cakes are not supposed to be dry. They are supposed to be moist and juicy and these are.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY