Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple and yummy soup from the RSVP section of Bon Appetit from The Museum Cafe, Paris Bigson Square Museum of Art in Great Falls, MT.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 24 ounces clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers, 3/4 cup green onions, celery, carrots and red onion and saute until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in tarragon and cayenne.
- Mix in tomatoes with juices, clam juice and wine.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream and simmer 20 minutes longer.
- Stir in crabmeat.