Recipe by Ravenseyes
We catch Crabs all summer long and today was one of those cool fall days and Jimmie set out to make his favorite a bisque and what a great job he did....creamy, rich and quick
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 14 ounces chicken stock (homemade would be best)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups cream (heavy)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (fresh ground)
- 3⁄4 cup sherry wine or 3⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1 lb crabmeat (lump crab- blue crab)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium sized pot (non stick), add flour, salt and pepper - as though you were making a rue (blonde rue). Allow flour to melt into the butter and stir constantly until the flour is a blonde rue.
- Combine rue with Tomato Paste and slowly add the chicken stock whisking as you go. Once this has come to a moderate heat add marsala and cream - not together or you will cruddle - if you want a dryer taste use a dry sherry instead.
- Finally add your star ingredient - Crab and allow to come full heat slowly and serve with a wedge of crusty bread and salad for a full meal or just by itself for a great intro to a wonderful dinner.